Devon » Devon Towns » Mothecombe » Mothecombe House
Mothecombe House, Mothecombe
Mothecombe House is an impressive Queen Anne style building, set in beautiful gardens on the Fleet Estate in the South Hams at the mouth of the river Erme. The house is built of local grey stone with some additions by the commissioned architect, Sir Edwin Lutyens. Mothecombe House is owned by Mr and Mrs Mildmay-White. The house was built in 1710 for John Pollexfen, a farmer. In 1870, Henry Bingham Mildmay bought the house and the Flete Estate the following year. The gardens are opened once a year to the public. Groups and private visits are by appointment.
Last Updated: 2013-05-24 05:38:29
Show on map: